Thursday, May 3, 2012

Protein - the building block of life

How do you know you are raising the daughter of a gym junkie?


When, instead of stacking the multitude of blocks her mother provides, carefully chosen for their non-gender bias, tactile feel and developmental potential, she prefers to use Daddy's protein powder containers. 


And a thermos. Obviously.

When they don't balance?


 Devastation. 

When they do?


Unadulterated joy!


And usually a happy dance, followed by a request for applause. 


In other news, I was perusing some random blogs today, when I stumbled on The Musings of Monique. Flipping mindlessly through her back catalog of hits, I noticed my name... it appears she awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award way back on 1 April!


April fools - she didn't tell me! So, although belatedly, I accept with humble thanks.

Part of any blog award like this is, of course, pinging others. Since I always give these kind of awards the weight they deserve, I'm going to be as insular as possible and choose two local ladies:
  • Posie Patchwork ~ She writes about everything! And she's also a current Canberra girl and a military wife. She's probably received this award a hundred times before, but no harm in having it again ;)
  • An Everyday Story ~ Another Canberra girl and another military wife. Also, one of my besties. But I'm not totally biased At All. Ahem

Well done on achieving my fawning adulation, you two. You're welcome. ;)

So, back to the main event, did your kids play with weird stuff?

13 comments:

  1. That's some pretty advanced balancing there. The thermos is a great touch. If you squint a bit it looks a bit like Telstra tower. Just needs the pointy bit up top.

    Love her little cardie, too. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We drove past telstra tower today. Peanut goes "muuuuhhhhm, I can see that.... that... stick on the hill!!"

      I did NOT knit that cardie. I think my gran did... Heirloom!

      Delete
  2. I should add, this is not a one time occurrence. It would happen about twenty times a day, easily. Which means I put the jars and the thermos back away at least twenty times a day.... *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids play with everything that isn't an official toy....extra interest showed in items they are told firmly to never touch and they will scale heights (see bookcase abseiling) to reach those items that are extra treasured and put 'out of reach'. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day I wondered where all my china figurines had gone, from the top of the tall bookcase. They were in a plastic bag behind the couch. None broken, thank goodness... Peanut is cheeky, but careful :)

      Delete
  4. Awe shucks, thanks so much. Always thrilled to be considered an awardee, yay, thank you so very much. Also for the link to a fellow Canberra military wife, yay. I'm so out of the loop here as my husband was seconded out of the Army while he was in Canberra & is posted to Brisbane for 4 years, so no military functions or links to my life while i'm here & living in the suburbs. Thanks again, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, home knitted cardies....I love them, I love them....they make little girls, look like little girls...sweet little girls...even if they play with body building 'stuff'.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha my daughter has recently discovered she can open the pantry and is delighting in pulling out all the food containers & tinned foods and stacking them too. Plastic picnic cups are another favourite toy, as is the broom. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my son was a bub he loved our remote control so much that I ended up buying him a second hand one that he could slobber over to his heart's content.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award:-) We had a massive hot water service installed recently and my kids had great fun playing with the box which pissed daddy of because for Christmas they got a beutifull big cubby house that we built (at the time of building they thought it was another shed for dad) and it cost a fortune. But oh know they prefer to play with a box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally thought I'd let you know in a comment on one of your posts, must have imagined it though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son loves playing with our protein shakes. He'll bring the shakes and the shaker bottle to us when he wants one and then all the time he just carries the shake containers around and likes putting them on the shelf, off the shelf, then stacking them, then back on the shelf and on and on. He has the most fun with the most random things.

    ReplyDelete