Monday, March 5, 2012

He's home

Mr Accident is home from his course a full five weeks early. Not injured, as I feared, and so far from failing that it's laughable, but he's home nonetheless.

He went for two reasons - he wanted the job, and he wanted to know he could do the job. It was about proving himself.

But, while he was away doing just that, and doing exceptionally well at it, too, he realized the job sucked. Really, truly sucked. And he didn't want it anymore.

It turns out that all the cooking, and caring, and cleaning, and laundry washing and support that I offered in the preparation has backfired. He just wants to be home with his family, safe and comfortable, where he belongs.

So now he's had his questions answered. He is good enough. He can do it. And his family is well worth the sacrifice of his dream career.

And I couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy too! I saw the title of the post and got worried ... but I'm delighted that he's satisfied and also that he's making the call for the good of the family! What a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise choice. Congratulations to you both!

    I am the wife of a man who chose to follow his career path, wife and two children tagging along behind. We lived in interesting places, met wonderful people, experienced life "on the corporate road." I treasure that we remained a family, I treasure the friends we made.

    Deep down inside, I admit: I hated it all. I wasn't made to "leave home." I was made to "make a home." Not over and over in multiple states, but just one. And I had done that, and my children were born there, and I wanted to stay.

    And I am ashamed of myself: my spouse did not go off to war, our home was not devastated by a natural disaster, none of us developed a terminal illness.

    I have much to be grateful for. And I am grateful for so much.

    And I am now grateful the moving is done.

    Give Mr. Accident a hug from me, please.

    ReplyDelete