Thursday, February 23, 2012

Crunchy, redux

So I trialled my homemade laundry powder.

It cleaned Mr Accident's feral training towel, so I tried it on some normal clothes, and it cleaned them too. This is quite a feat, because the results from normal shop-bought powder can be as hit and miss as a drunken darts player. A whole load totally clean is a great outcome.

The nicest thing is the smell. It doesn't! There's no overpowering fragrance smell. I didn't know my normal powder smelled bad until I sniffed a load of this stuff. It just smells... clean.

The final test was nappies, with a vinegar rinse. And it was AMAZING. They are so soft and non-stinky and CLEAN.

So I'm a convert. Even if it means I have to grate a bar of sunlight soap once a week, the lovely laundry and cheap price is so worth it. Hooray! Being crunchy doesn't mean I'm going to have stinky clothes!

In other news, I've totally backslid on the toothpaste. I can't stand the taste and the thought my teeth might not be perfectly sparkling, and to be frank, it's all a bit too much change at once. I might try again in a month or so. I don't feel too bad, because yesterday I made bread from scratch and more of my own yoghurt. For some reason my bread always comes out cakey. I know only one billionth of the Internet actually sees this blog, and most of you stumble here looking for something else (I SEE your search terms, people!) but if anyone has any bread tips, I'm all ears.

1 comment:

  1. How warm is the water you use for your bread? The warmer it is the better it activates the yeast, otherwise the other thing is just kneading (but personally I've found that water temp made more of a difference than me kneading for another 5 minutes)

    ReplyDelete