Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Fantastic Day

We had the most wonderful day today. Nothing spectacular happened, but it was a day our whole family enjoyed, and it will be a day I will remember with warm thoughts while Mr Accident and I are apart.

We started out with a HUGE sleep in. Baby snoozed until 7:45 so we did too. Then I left Mr Accident to mind her while I dashed to the shops and did the whole weekly shop in under an hour. It was a bit like a lame game show, "Speed Shopper" maybe? Or "What will Mrs Accident forget in the exhilaration of time pressured shopping?" It was fun to be unencumbered for a little while, and a quick break from baby reminds me how much I miss her when we're apart. I come back refreshed and happy to be a mum again.

Then Mr Accident and I took Bub to Baby Gym. I'm glad he came, I like it when he gets a little insight into our daily activities. I think he enjoyed it, he was willing to stay longer when it came time to leave!

After Gym we dashed into town to a 'Mums and Bubs' movie session and saw Star Trek. I loved it! It might have been because it's the first movie I've seen since Baby was born, but I think the dialogue and characterisations also played a large part. Next week we'll try to see Angels and Demons, since today went so well. It's also a bonus that the tickets are super cheap to these sessions too.

Then it was home for a tasty tasty chicken sandwich (fresh lettuce, BBQ chicken, Spanish onion, avocado, mayonnaise, tomato and salt and pepper on a fresh roll - wow!). We ducked over to a friends house for a cup of tea and a chat, then home again for a quiet late afternoon and rice paper rolls for dinner. Baby was a little gem the whole day, with giggles, great feeds and sleeps at highly appropriate times.

It's a really nice fact that such a simple day can bring so much pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment