Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tutu Cute!


I made a tutu!

Doesn't that fabric just inspire ideas of great sewing triumphs? Thankfully I am fully aware of my limitations and went for the no-sew version.

Many thanks to Plumtickled for the tutorial, it was very educational. I made a few variations, using ribbon as the base so I can tie it around my little girl as she grows. The bow looks cute! Also, I plan to make another, so when she's really grown I can tie the two together and make a larger one.


It took me about an hour to make this one, the next one will be quicker because I stuffed around with the tulle length a bit. I like it really short because it is so fluffy, and it shouldn't restrict her movement as much. I want her to look cute, but still be able to safely climb trees and chase puppies.
Puppies who may also be wearing tutus....

He's such a good sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment